Arkansas has said goodbye to reserve quarterback Kade Renfro. The university said Thursday it recently completed an investigation into allegations of sexual assault and harassment by the player before making its final decision.
This came after an anonymous Instagram account, which has since been deleted, made serious allegations against Renfro detailing an alleged history of sexual assault and harassment of multiple women over a period of years.
Both the Arkansas athletic department and the university’s administration released statements about the decision.
“When we learned of the allegations against a student-athlete earlier this week, we immediately notified the University’s Title IX office of the allegations,” said the Arkansas athletic department. “The student-athlete is no longer a member of the football team.”
“After being made aware of the allegations, we notified the relevant offices on our campus,” the university said. “Due to FERPA student privacy rules, we are unable to provide more information at this time.”
All of Renfro’s social media had been removed as of Thursday.
Renfro began his playing career with Ole Miss in 2020 as a scholarship football player and transferred to Arkansas the following season where he progressed to the Razorbacks football program. He suffered a knee injury and did not appear in a game for Arkansas in 2021, but suffered another knee injury and also missed the entire 2022 season.